Project YouTurn - Never too late
Project YouTurn is an anti-drugs programme for the BD7 area of Bradford, covering Lidget Green and Scholemoor. The project is funded by the Local Trust through the Big Local initiative.
What is the project about?
The project is about:
- Creating awareness on the dangers of drug misuse and dealing drugs
- Supporting people with loved ones affected by drugs
- Promoting important information in various languages to help people understand the effects of drugs
- Developing and funding diversionary activities for young people
- Promoting existing drug and alcohol services that can provide support
- Engaging and communicating with the local communities to better understand the support required
What are we doing?
Project YouTurn is working with key organisations such as the councils’ Alcohol Drug Education Prevention Team (ADEPT), The Bridge Project, West Yorkshire Police, local schools, the Youth Service along with community groups and local community centres. We are taking a co-ordinated and partnership approach to help improve the situation in the BD7 area. The idea is to work together to provide more activities for young people to deter them from crime, increase drug education within the communities and most importantly guide people affected by drugs to relevant support services that are currently available.
Who is delivering this project?
Project YouTurn is being delivered by CNet. For more information please contact the Programme Manager, Meena Jeewa, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07983689501.
Connect with us on social media to keep up-to-date with our work:
Twitter: @ProjectYouTurn2 (Meena CNet)