Lidget Green & Scholemoor
Project YouTurn (PYT) is an anti-drugs programme for the BD7 area of Bradford, covering Lidget Green and Scholemoor. The project is funded by the Local Trust through an initiative called Greenmoor Big Local. After much consultation over the past 6 years, the Greenmoor Big Local Partnership, who are the decision-making group of residents, decided to invest in a programme that will help deal with the issue of drugs in the area.
What is the project about?
The project is about:
- Creating awareness on the dangers of drug misuse and dealing drugs
- Supporting people with loved ones affected by drugs
- Promoting important information to help people understand the effects of drugs
- Developing and funding divisionary activities for young people
- Promoting existing drug and alcohol services that can provide support
- Engaging and communicating with the local communities to better understand the support required
What are we doing?
PYT are working with key organisations such as the councils’ Alcohol Drug Education Prevention Team (ADEPT), The Bridge Project, West Yorkshire Police, the Youth Service along with community groups and local community centres. We are taking a co-ordinated and partnership approach to help improve the situation in the BD7 area. The idea is to work together to provide more activities for young people to deter them from crime, increase drug education within the communities and most importantly guiding people affected by drugs to relevant support services that is currently available.
Who is delivering this project?
The PYT programme is being delivered by CNet (Bradford & District Community Empowerment Network Ltd).