Engaging People is a project funded by the NHS to support more people and communities to get involved and have a say in the future development of healthcare services across the Bradford and Craven District.
- To include and involve larger numbers of people in the development of future healthcare services, particularly those who are underrepresented
- To gather better information from people about what they think of current healthcare services, listen to their personal experiences and find out what’s important to them
- To use this information in longer-term plans and decisions about the future of healthcare services across the Bradford District
By involving people in decisions about their healthcare we hope to improve the overall health and wellbeing of our community.
We will be using a variety of methods: one to one questionnaires, focus groups, events, training and peer mentoring to support groups and individuals in sharing their voices and helping shape future health provision.
During 2018 the Engaging People team supported the local NHS with the following engagement:
- Carers Survey - Bradford Council and local NHS aiming to understand the experiences of carers across Bradford District and Craven, in order to effectively commission services
- Over the Counter (OTC) Medicines - Conversations with people in Bradford and Craven District to gather their thoughts on proposed changes to OTC medicines
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence - A piece of work to help the NHS understand key issues and needs
- Hillside Bridge Consultation - Bradford 3 GP surgeries
- Engagement and Conversations in the Bradford 3 area to explore potential options for future use of NHS buildings in this area
In 2019 we will undertake conversations in communities around dementia engagement and end of life care.
Women's Health Network
The mission of the Women’s Health Network (WHN) is to improve the health and wellbeing of women and their families.
The forum consists of a collective of women living or working in Bradford who have an interest in issues affecting women and their families, with an emphasis on engaging with seldom heard voices.
The WHN provides a space for women to:
- Share their experiences about current health services
- Explore barriers to accessing health services
- Contribute to and have a positive impact upon improving health services
- Learn more about what services are available and how to use them
- Ensure they get the information they need to keep themselves and their families healthy
- To improve the health and wellbeing of people living and working in the district through effective partnership working
- Influence policy, planning, service design and delivery of health services
To read the Terms of Reference for this forum click here.
To contact co-chair Michelle Taylor please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact co-chair Masira Hans please email email@example.com>
IWD Event , March 6th Carlisle Business Centre , 9.30 – 1.00 theme ~ Balance For Better
Book your place via eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/international-womens-day-balance-for-better-tickets-55757042816
The WHN is piloting a Menopause Cafe's. An idea which was borne out of discussions from the forum around the lack of information available on the menopause. Menopause Cafe's aim to increase the awareness of the impact of the menopause on those experiencing it, their friends, colleagues and families.
A series of Menopause Cafe's have been hosted by the The Equity Partnership and Sharing Voices. The sessions are unstructured and open with free flowing discussions in a confidential space where people can express their views safely.
More information on the follow up to the pilot will be posted here.
- 27 March 2019
- 8 May 2019
- 7 August 2019
- 6 November 2019
Maternity Voices Partnership
For more information on the Maternity Voices Partnership click here.
Main MVP Meetings
- 26 March 2019
- 25 June 2019
- 26 November 2019
MVP VCS Meeting
- 13 February 2019
- 15 May 2019
- 16 October 2019
Building Capacity and Skills Development
Throughout late Summer, Autumn and Winter we delivered a series of development and engagement sessions around health, for the VCS and individuals.
Transform your health with Poetry, Prose and Passion:
Wednesday 26 September 10am - 12noon
- Speaking Up and Telling Your Story - Thursday 20 September 2018, 10am - 12pm @ CNet
- Facilitation Skills - Wednesday 7 November 2018, 10am @ CNet
- Whose Narrative - January 2019 (TBC)
Finding Your Voice
Six week programme delivered with Bradford Community Broadcasting. Further information to follow.
Skills Audit Form